Dr Chris Roworth (PhD) - Senior Lecturer / Menkyo Kaiden
Chris began his medical career after recovering from a chronic spinal injury received during free fall parachuting. Chris’s recovery was due to the integrated treatments that a Japanese Doctor (Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi ) gave him.
Chris Roworth worked personally with Dr Hatsumi and the research and work Chris and Dennis Bartram carried out resulted in Dr Hatsumi granting them both the status of 'Menkyo Kaiden' (Master teacher) to the ancient medicine school of Hi Chi Buko Goshin Jutsu. In order to bring this level of treatment to other people, Chris has spent 25 years learning:
• Japanese Integrated Natural Medicine (Physical medicine, Acupuncture and herbal tonic)
• Western Physiotherapy, Osteopathy and Cranial Osteopathy
• Nutrition, Oriental Herbal medicine and Supertonics
• Cranial visceral fascia release and Lymphatic massage
• Applied Kinesiology and Reflex re-patterning
• Acupuncture and Moxibustion (Several different systems)
• Hypnotherapy and NLP
• Remedial massage
• Martial arts and Martial medicine
• Osteomyology – Etc...
Chris was one of the first Natural medicine practitioners to work within the NHS and has lectured in teaching Universities in; England, Spain, Germany, Austria, USA and Japan. His integrated approach is to treat the person, using many therapies at the same time.
Chris runs a successful clinic with a number of elite level athletes as clients as well as A-list movie stars.